Geotextile Fabrics for your Artificial Sports Field Installation
The Difference Mirafi® N-Series Nonwoven Geotextiles Make:
• Construction: Mirafi® N-Series polypropylene nonwoven geotextiles easily conform to the ground or trench surface for trouble-free installation.
• Strength: Mirafi® N-Series geotextiles withstand installation stresses with high puncture and tear resistance.
• Drainage: High permittivity properties provide high water flow rates while providing excellent soil retention.
• Environmental: Mirafi® N-Series geotextiles are chemically stable in a wide range of aggressive environments.
• Cost Effective: Mirafi® N-Series geotextiles provide economical solutions to many civil engineering applications including a cost-effective alternative to graded aggregate filters.
Mirafi® N-Series nonwoven geotextiles are used in a wide variety of applications including soil separation and drainage applications. Lightweight nonwovens are predominantly used for subsurface drainage applications along highways, within embankments, under airfields, and athletic fields. For these drainage structures to be effective, they must have a properly designed protective filter.
Mirafi® N-Series nonwoven geotextiles eliminates the challenge of determining the aggregate gradation required to match soil conditions, finding a convenient and economical source of a specific aggregate, transporting and placing graded aggregate, and assuring that the constructed in-place drainage system provides effective filter performance.
Heavyweight nonwovens are used in critical subsurface drainage systems, soil separation, permanent erosion control, and geomembrane liner protection within landfills.
These geotextiles provide the required strength and abrasion resistance to withstand installation and application stresses to create an effective, long-term drainage solution.
French and Trench Drains Geosynthetic Placement Cut geosynthetic to proper width prior to placement. Width should be enough to conform to the trench perimeter with at least a 15cm (6in) top overlap. Place the geosynthetic roll over the trench, and unroll enough so that the fabric can be placed down into the trench. Anchor the edges with heavy objects to prevent the geosynthetic from falling into the trench. Where overlaps are necessary between rolls, allow for 1m (3ft) overlap from the upstream to the downstream roll.
* These guidelines serve as a general basis for installation. Detailed instructions are available from your Mirafi® representative.